Happy Feast of the Blessed Mother! This Sunday is St. Mary’s Day – and we will celebrate with good food, fellowship and fun! Please bring a dish to share to Sunday’s potluck, and remember that we have one service at 9 a.m.
For those joining us online, you may have noticed that we continue to struggle with our technology. We now have internet that is plenty fast, but we are still working out the best way to stream the 8 a.m. service on Facebook. Thank you to everyone who is joining us in this way, and rest assured that we continue to work to make sure you can join us online.
At 10 a.m. we also are continuing to offer a drive-in service where you can listen over the radio (97.9 FM) and we will bring communion out to your car. The point of church is coming together for worship, and I want to make sure people can continue to worship at St. Mary’s while still feeling healthy and safe.
Fall is fast approaching, which means the start of our Adult Education! We have all kinds of wonderful opportunities coming up!
- Contemplative Prayer will return September 20 at 6 p.m. in the Chapel. All are welcome to come to 20 minutes of silent meditation, opened with a reflection.
- Wednesday Morning Worship and Book Group will begin September 22 at 9 a.m. in the Chapel and on Zoom. We have not yet picked a book to read, so please let me know if you have ideas.
- Sunday Morning Adult Ed will begin September 26 at 9 a.m. and will continue using Shalom from the Heart
- Monday evenings in October, November and December we will offer Evening Adult Education at 6:30 p.m. Topics include:
- Sin in the Bible (October 11, 18 & 25)
- Birth Narratives of Jesus (November 8, 15 & 22)
- Grief using the Living Compass model (December 6, 13, 20)
Finally, I want to offer a First Communion class for children who would like to learn more about the sacrament before beginning to take the bread and wine, as well as a Solemn Communion class for those who would like to learn more about this key sacrament. The Solemn Communion class will be Sunday, October 3 at 11 a.m. The First Communion class is yet to be scheduled, but please contact me if you are interested.
Prayers and Blessings,